Many of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world deal directly with your face: nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, facelifts, dermabrasion and even ear surgery. Did you know, though, that you can make subtle but transformative changes to your appearance without surgery in as little as an hour? If it seems too good to be true, this time it’s not. It’s possible with teeth whitening in Lethbridge. Here’s an introduction to this popular and powerful cosmetic dentistry option to help you discover just how accessible it is for you, too.
What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening?
Considering that you can purchase a do it yourself whitening kit at many corner stores and at just about every drugstore in Lethbridge, you might wonder whether there’s any benefit to getting teeth whitening at a dentist near you. While some people sometimes do see gradual improvements with DIY kits over time, many others experience disappointment. Here are the advantages of working with a dentist near you instead.
- Your dentist in Lethbridge will use much more powerful concentrations of whitening compounds than available over the counter
- Those compounds will be tailored specifically to your teeth and especially the teeth and areas that need the most attention without wasting time or money on teeth that don’t
- If you have stains that can’t be whitened, your dentist will give you options so that you don’t throw more good money after bad
- Professional teeth whitening near you is faster and can whiten your teeth several shades in a single appointment
- You can even take the professional bleaching compounds from your dentist in Lethbridge home to whiten your teeth in your own space
How does professional teeth whitening work?
Your dentist will apply a whitening compound made from hydrogen peroxide to your teeth while you sit and rest comfortably. The strength of that compound will be fine-tuned for the specific stains that appear on your teeth and applied strategically exactly where required to achieve your goals. Your dentist will leave the whitening materials in place for roughly an hour, then will compare the new colour of your teeth with their original hue.
There’s one important thing to keep in mind when it comes to teeth whitening. Not even the healthiest and cleanest teeth are actually white. The colour of healthy and clean teeth falls on a continuum that extends from grayish to yellowish tones. You and your dentist will work carefully to target a final result that will look completely natural against your gums, lips and skin tone.
Five tips for keeping your whitened teeth white
Here are several tips for keeping your teeth as clean and white as possible and for preserving the colour of your professionally whitened teeth:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily, and ideally after every meal
- Floss your teeth and rinse your mouth with mouthwash once daily
- Avoid drinking beverages that are acidic and sugary. When in doubt, drink plain water
- Avoid eating staining foods and drinking staining beverages such as soy and tomato-based sauces, curries, blueberries, pomegranates, coffee, tea, red wine and colas and brush your teeth right away whenever you do eat any of these things
- Attend regular dental checkups every six months and have your teeth cleaned every year to eliminate and prevent plaque, tartar, and any tooth decay or gum disease that can threaten your oral health and undermine the appearance of your teeth.
Obtaining the smile of your dreams is easy… with the right help. Rather than relying on over-the-counter options without professional support, why not get a team of professional dentists and hygienists on your side? To find out just how quickly and easily you can set up professional teeth whitening near you, get in touch with a dentist in Lethbridge.