You should be commended if you’ve lately decided to get Invisalign. You are making great efforts toward getting a more radiant and charming smile. However, this privilege comes with the obligation to maintain your aligners. Knowing the dos and don’ts of keeping your Invisalign clean and bacteria-free is essential.
In this post, we will go over some strategies for maintaining a germ-free Invisalign aligner so that you can achieve the best results possible in terms of straightening your teeth and brightening your smile. It is a comprehensive guide that will teach you how to keep your Invisalign aligners clean at all times.
Best Practices for Keeping Your Aligners Sparkling
Unless they are dirty, no one will realize that you’re wearing Invisalign in Lethbridge because they are made to blend in with your teeth. Aesthetics aside, maintaining proper dental hygiene necessitates that you keep your aligners spotless at all times. Here are some suggestions for maintaining the cleanliness of your Invisalign devices:
- Remember to clean your teeth well before inserting your aligners. It will prevent your aligners from picking up any stray food particles or plaque.
- Before re-inserting your aligners after eating, give them a quick rinse in lukewarm water. Any leftover food or trash can be easily wiped away in this way.
- Don’t rinse your aligners in hot water because doing so will warp them. Instead, keep using lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Aligners can be damaged by using toothpaste or other abrasive cleaning products.
- Remember to give your tongue a good brush! It’s just as important to thoroughly scrub your tongue as it is to brush your teeth to remove the plaque and bacteria that can accumulate there.
Tips For How Properly Handling and Storing Your Aligners
Invisalign near you must be handled and stored properly to ensure hygiene, functionality, and efficacy during orthodontic treatment. These methods will help you store and handle your Invisalign aligners:
- Wash your hands before touching aligners. Keep aligners clean. Take out your aligners carefully. Pick the back teeth with your fingertips. Clean aligners without nails.
- After removal, rinse aligners with lukewarm sink water. It cleans aligners of spit and food. Avoid hot water, which twists aligners.
- Use a soft toothbrush and antibacterial clear soap to clean aligners regularly.
- Avoid hard, filmy toothpaste. Carefully brush aligners inside and out, then rinse.
- Place your aligners in a denture cleanser or Invisalign cleaning crystals for 15–20 minutes daily or as prescribed by your orthodontist. Soak, rinse.
- Case aligners when not wearing them. The case prevents dirt and loss. Carry the case to preserve aligners while eating or drinking.
- Washing aligners in hot water warps plastic. Body-temperature water is great. Microwaves, car interiors, and boiling water shouldn’t heat aligners. Heat bends aligners.
- Replace aligners according to your orthodontist. Regular treatment occurs every two weeks. Never skip or extend aligner use.
- A little cleaning kit is needed for mobile maintenance. Your aligner case, extra sets, a tiny bottle of antibacterial soap or cleaning crystals, and a portable toothbrush are needed.
- Pets may like aligner saliva. Keep them protected.
- For proper orthodontic treatment and resolution, keep appointments with a dentist in Lethbridge.
Foods and Beverages to Steer Clear of While Wearing Aligners
Ask any dentist near you, and they will suggest you steer clear of foods and drinks that can discolour or otherwise ruin your aligners, such as the following:
- Beverages that have a dark color, such as coffee, tea, beer, and red wine.
- Beverages high in sugar, such as soda.
- Candies that are sticky or firm.
- Gum for chewing.
- Popping corn.
- Foods that are difficult to chew, such as raw carrots or almonds.
- HIghly acidic foods, such as citrus fruits.
- Using tobacco goods or lighting up.
Need Assistance? No Problem! Contact Us Today
If you follow these simple maintenance guidelines for your Invisalign aligner, it will last longer and look better during its whole lifespan. At the very least, you should give it a little brushing once a day, and you should always remember to rinse your mouth out with water after you eat or drink something.
It is best to avoid putting them in the dishwasher or storing them in close proximity to hot liquids or products that contain alcohol. If you want to preserve them in the best condition possible, you should always store them in their cases when you aren’t using them. It will ensure that they remain in the best shape possible.
If you are diligent in following these instructions, your aligners will function properly and have a fantastic appearance throughout the entirety of your treatment. And for the rest, be assured, Absolute Dental is always there to help!